Landscape Architect part-time
JRP is seeking a Landscape Architect to join its multi-disciplinary team based in Wakefield to help deliver an expanding portfolio of landscape design work for our valued clients.
As a practice specialising in residential planning and design you will be undertaking landscape design for a wide range of housing projects, from single units to large urban extension developments. You
will input throughout the life of the project, from initial concept and masterplanning stages through planning applications to detailed design and management. You will also be involved in a number of non-residential schemes such as retail, commercial, community and leisure.
Some of your key responsibilities will include preparing a range of drawings, management plans,
contributing to Design and Access statements and liaison with clients and Local Authority Officers.
You will be proactive to meet deadlines with a consistent quality and standard of work; and will take
responsibility for your professional growth and gaining new skills.
Essential skills & attributes:
• Degree in Landscape Architecture
• Dedicated, organised, self-motivated and willing to learn across a range of projects.
• Excellent communication and coordination skills, including the ability to sketch and develop designs
on paper as well as digitally.
• Ability to work effectively both individually and with a team.
• A strong interest in designing with plants and developing industry knowledge.
• A strong interest in housing design and placemaking.
• Can work under pressure and complete work to the highest standard for project deadlines.
• Strong skills in AutoCAD, Landscape Design Software, Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite.
• Relevant experience and two references essential.
What we offer:
• A part time position working 3 days per week.
• Flexible approach to working from home and at the office.
• Support with fees and mentoring on the Landscape Institutes Pathway to Chartership.
• Support so that you can manage your own CPD and continue to progress your skills and
• Competitive salary.
Please apply by sending CV and covering email to email@example.com
Application deadline: 9th July 2021
Please note: unfortunately, we may not be able to respond to all the applications.