Land at Belmont House, Wood Lane, Headingley
On behalf of Belmont House Development Ltd, we write to inform you of the future development proposals for the comprehensive redevelopment of the Belmont House office complex located off Wood Lane, Headingley, Leeds. The complex consists of Belmont House, the Coach House and Round House. Belmont House was subject to a planning application for its change of use and extension to form 11 apartments (LPA Ref 20/06503/FU), however this has since been withdrawn to allow for a comprehensive scheme for the entirety of the site to be considered. The current consultation seeks residents comments in relation to the future full planning application for the following:-
- Reintroduction of low density, high quality residential accommodation across the site to replace the over-intensive office use;
- Sympathetic conversion and extension of Belmont House to create 11 residential apartments;
- Existing Round House and Coach House buildings to be demolished and replaced by two carefully considered, high quality residential buildings providing 7 and 6 apartments respectively;
- The scale and design of buildings and their internal orientation have been revised to minimise overlooking, overshadowing and encroachment onto the existing tree canopies;
- The development will be targeted towards the owner occupier market providing an accommodation mix suitable for a wide demographic including families;
- 36 car parking spaces are proposed within the site (1.5 spaces per unit), removing the need for vehicles to park on Wood Lane;
- Provision of private and communal amenity areas which have been informed by the need to retain and protect the existing trees; and
- Areas for biodiversity enhancement, wildflower planting and seating will be created across the site.
A leaflet was hand delivered to residents within the vicinity of the site informing them of the proposals/intentions on the 16th March 2021.
A copy of the proposed site layout can be found on the following link:-
A copy of the front elevation of the proposed Bray House and Belmont House can be found on the following link:-
A copy of the front elevation for the proposed replacement Coach House can be found on the following link:-
We therefore welcome comments from the local community by the 26th March 2021.